Monday, September 15, 2008
Gavin & Stacey, Among Other Things

My New Obsession: Gavin & Stacey

Lately I've been extremely obsessed with this new British show called Gavin & Stacey. It's about two people called (obviously) Gavin and Stacey. Gavin lives in Essex and Stacey lives in Barry. They met through exchanging phone calls between their respective work places and, after several months, decide to meet in London.

Stacey brings her best friend, Nessa (who is a chain-smoking, leather wearing, street-wise gal), with her. Gavin brings his best friend Smithy, who has a girlfriend. The four decide to go to a club, Gavin and Stacey (of course) hit it off, but surprisingly so do Nessa and Smithy. The two couples rent a hotel suite and you can guess what happens there.

It's really funny, because you get to see the culture clash between people from eastern England and people from south Wales, which Gavin and Stacey are oblivious to, because they're sooo in lurve (and that's all I can say without spoiling the whole thing).

I highly recommend this show. It's positively brilliant and this is the one show that I've managed to stay completely spoil-free from. I am free from spoilers. I've resisted looking it up on Wikipedia even. And that's a rare thing for me -- I'm always spoiling myself. But with this show, I find that it's best to take the journey WITH Gavin and Stacey and not just plainly watch it.

And Conversely, I've an Old Obsession: Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil

I have been watching this show for a long time now and demand to see new episodes. It's been ages. What is taking so long? Is it canceled? grrr.

That being said, the show is really good. It has a lot of the people who were involved with Home Movies in it. The voice of Coach McGuirk (H. Jon Benjamin)is Satan. Satan has a daughter named Lucy (voice of Melissa Bardin Galsky, who is, essentially, the anti-Christ. Lucy dates DJ Jesús (pronounced in the Spanish way as "hay-soos") who is the second coming of the Messiah (and also incredibly full of himself). So, the premise is already pretty funny. Satan pretty much tries to destroy the DJ and all the while, the Holy Fathers (two priests and a nun from the Vatican) are running amok trying to kill the anti-Christ.

I miss this show. I want to see more of this show. And I want it now.

Runescape Progress Report:

I now have combat level of 75. My summoning level, which was nonexistent last time I wrote, is now at 23 (which is still low, but an accomplishment, given the mount of time). I can now wield and wear dragon, which I've been looking forward to for FOUR YEARS. Wheee. I'm excited. My next goal is to get more money. I've spent several million on various things and I need to build that back up now.

Here is where I rant:

I Hate It When People Type Like This. Why would you EVER capitalize the first word of every letter in the English language if it's not the title of something? It makes no sense. Some people actually Type Like This. I don't understand how or why they would ever do such a thing and it annoys me to no end. I am a writer and I think that everyone who has graduated elementary school in this country should know better. It's sad when people from non-English-speaking countries can type in English better than the average American. Seriously.

Another thing I would like to rant about is the fact that our mall stocks clothes that make us look like hookers or, at best, terribly out of fashion. It's like wtf. Just because this is Alabama doesn't mean we have to dress like crap. I find better clothes at the local Target than I do at our supposedly trendy department stores. Again, wtf. Target's well and good and all. I like Target. It's one of my favorite stores. I'm pretty much just going there or to thrift stores nowadays.

Aaaaand...why is there never any chocolate in the house when one is on their period? (Yes, I'm writing about my period in my blog. Sue me.) Must. Have. Chocolate. Blah

And here is where I take my leave.

Labels: , ,


PRETTY SIREN
Blogger: Carrie
Location: Alabama, United States of America
Blog Started: August 26th, 2006

Likes/Dislikes

Favorite Websites
Confessions of an L/L'er
Dark Passions/Nocturnum Forums (Lexana Board)
Patriotes
ryan ray (.ca)
Ask Pocahontas
Incessant Ramblings of a Writer


Custom Search
Link Back
Graphic codes (links) will be added later today.

Credits
Jen @ Patriotes